Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Victoria BC Canada


My husband Tony had been saving up and waiting for the right time to take me on our actual "Honeymoon." I always said I didn't need such a thing. On the weekend we got married, we enjoyed it downtown Boise, and I LOVED just hanging out with each other all day at a coffee shop. To me, That was our honeymoon! I like to think I am not traditional...Sooo my wedding was both fun and spunky, my honeymoon was at a coffee shop which is different too! I felt my life was simply perfect! Tony also knew diamonds in my wedding band would only annoy me. I want a simple happy life and I was surprised, even amazed to be swept off my feet when our actual Honeymoon came about. That 10 day get away for July 5, 2007 was AMAZING far better then diamonds, I was bewildered by such an adventure! Tony was a travel agent for 3 years, he prided himself on knowing how to travel in style. His mom (also a flight attendant) sent us off in style on our plane  with a surprise announcement about us being our honeymoon. So the whole plane came alive with people cheering it was a perfect send off! Our first stop was Seattle, we loved visiting that city. Tony's close college friend Adam picked us up at the airport giving us the best tour of the city ever! I also loved the TV show "Fraiser" so Adam took us to Kerry Park for the popular horizon view of Seattle. He gave us the VIP treatment, Tony and I loved it all! Our hotel "The Sorrentto" was historic and a real classic. I loved the piano bar and those calm relaxing chairs, Tony also enjoyed being driven around through the busy city, especially with no stress over where we need to turn or park. The Victoria Clipper was my very first ferry ride. Our hotel in Victoria, Laurel Point Inn had the most amazing sunset view when we walked into the room, I caught my breath and grasped in awe as my suit cases fell to the floor, I walked straight out into the orange glowing light with tears of such happiness. "It's so amazing...so magical....so Beyond actual words!" I whispered as I stretch out my arms with love over the balcony saying "Look at THIS VIEW!" My joking Husband replied. "Nothing but the best for my baby!" as he opened the champagne and order room service, I never left the balcony until the sunset was actually gone. As I drank my bubbling flute after toasting with Tony the beginning of our amazing honeymoon, I suddenly heard the sounds of the huge flat screen TV in the room, I turned around from that breath taking view to hear Tony shout out from the couch "Hey Look! Dog is on!" I was completely bewildered, I rushed into the room where the TV show theme song of "Dog the Bounty hunter." was playing. I exclaimed to a lazy surprised looking Tony, "WHAT? Are you kidding me? How can you turn on the TV with such a view as THAT!?!" I pointed to the wide open ocean bay, Instantly Tony clicked off the TV feeling rejected. Then he jumped up to his tired traveling feet to sit outside with me on the balcony, but I couldn't stop laughing so hard at that memorable moment, at how funny my sweet hubby was! He made up for his TV mistake by getting us a limo wine tasting tour the next day. After a few days being there Tony said to me that I couldn't live out on the balcony the whole time, and I replied confidently "Oh yes I can!" Each time I sat out there I thought to myself "WOW! HOW AMAZING IS THIS!" Which actually can sum up that whole honeymoon vacation perfectly! It was one of those vacations that was full of such beauty, such LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment