Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

The New Year 2011

I am ready for a new year! I didn't know if I would be.....In the next 12 months many things are changing in our life and home. Now I will take it one month at a time, because with change something is always learned. There isn't any rush to have it all planned out yet.....and I really like this New year already!
For our New years Eve I was thinking about my Mother-in-law JoAnne. She loves the new years eve party time and said it was her favorite holiday, I was thinking of  how by the time New year's eve comes around you need to have a farewell happy time to all the holidays! Mama Jojo has such a big new home, and this year at her new years eve party there was a disco ball spinning in her living room for a dance floor which I thought was so Awesome! Mama Jojo and her husband Roy had this house built over a year ago. Their new kitchen is huge with 2 ovens and bar stools below hand painted light fixtures. They are so happy and proud of their new dream home, I love when the fireplace is on showing through the living room, kitchen and dinning room all at the same time. In Mama Jojo's bedroom there is a perfect reading corner that I know her son/my husband Tony would LOVE to be reading there every night before bed. I was thinking during the crowded new years eve's party that their house felt big enough to actually hold everyone, especially with the wide open patio facing the golf course. The whole place is nice and new, trendy and fun! My favorite room of all is the "Art Cabana" Mom has a bedroom setup for her arts and crafts, I do love this room for the peaceful setup right next to the window. From the moment you step inside, the whole place seems to quiet down and I take in all the ribbon, stickers, stamps and I think it could be a little craft shop just on it's own. There is a boarder around the room of every colored pencils you could want or grab to use then slid it back in it's color group. Mama Jojo makes great things in this room, with her sewing machine or her glue gun things come together so cutely. I have been missing and reminiscing Mom and Roy's old house for such a long time, that in this new years eve party I realized it was time to let go of that old place smaller and cozier for me. I can see someday I will think the good times in this new place will add up eventually. Hanging on to the past makes me miss out on this future, The old patio home was in a different time in all of our lives and even though only 6 people could sit around the kitchen table I sometimes wish they never moved. Though clearly they are much more happier entertaining more and having a room for all their talents. I have been hanging on to hoping maybe they would move back so I could feel more at home again when visiting them. Sometimes when everything is new and strange it takes time to think of a place as a home, and in those days of their other place we would sit long and late into the night visiting, connecting and not missing the person when they went to the BBQ or the kitchen. I think I am just a small home person and keep thinking the closer we are in our home the better we connect as friends and family. In this New year I am going to stop missing and wishing for their old place....I am going to make it a strong conscious choice to see their new home for the new time it brings to all of our lives. Good times actually come from the good attitudes and the people that surround you. Watching Mama Jojo laugh, dance and entertain on New year's eve made me smile at how she comes alive in her dream home. I am really happy for her and Roy to be enjoying drinks on the edge of the green with a wide open view of the river side, and with room for all in their beautiful place! 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment