Search This Blog

Saturday, August 31, 2019

The life of Pets




I am loving these last days of summer with 2 kittens that have double in size since they came to live with us the first of August.

I am living the dream in walking Oscar every morning in his summer time grooming, in his all healed paw and better health. We take afternoon naps in the shade of the backyard, or on the bed with Tinker. She is eating 4 times a day now, she looks better for being an old cat.

I am proud of Lewis for always sleeping outside in his patio bed that is up high and covered for safety. He cuddles with Jazzy so often, then comes inside for breakfast and attention. He has been nice to the kittens as they meet, as the kittens run right by him and he wanders back outside looking revealed to not have to "babysit."

   
Jazzy is far more pissed off at the kittens right now, she was acting all nice at first then something snapped in her while the little kitties grew up a bit more and she is acting like they need to learn she is in charge around here. I love my cuddle clever Jazzy yet I've had to grab her just she swipes at Dory and Marlin. It'll take some time for her to be relax around our new family members.

    I love that I can be here all the time in training, in feeding and in giving all the pets my full attention.
It helps in making these new adjustments, in creating a utopia from the world. I have been reading how the animals shelters are over flowing with cats and kittens right now in the treasure valley and I can't help but think I am doing my part to help! 5 cats and a dog keep me on my toes every day in such delight of all things great and small!

I believe in the saying "There is always room for one more."

I love my life with these pets, as I go through counseling, as I get my project list finished and as I embrace being 40 years old I have come to see that this past month has been truly AMAZING!

I love summer time so much, I will miss it deeply when it's over and yet I will keep my furry babies safe through all the seasons! 


No comments:

Post a Comment