Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Do You Understand Your Cat's Behavior?



Of course my coffee time mornings are filled with Cat videos, when everyone is fed breakfast and Oscar has played with his ball or Frisbee outside in the cool early summer morning, I drink my coffee watching info on Kittens and cat care for introducing them to my household.

Of course Oscar takes his after eating breakfast nap while my kittens play upstair waiting for me to come play with them after my coffee time.
I like that we have so much room in our home for pets, for separation and peaceful pathways that never get crowded.

Of course we go these 2 kittens with the hope the older cats will help influence and help train them into being the best kind of cat they can be! My best cat is Jazzy, social and smart.
My hunting wise cat is Lewis, he lives outside from spring to fall. He loves cuddling with me and being there for breakfast but he doesn't trust anyone else. Our Tinker is looking older then all the cats, she has some blood work and tests yet the vet said it looks like she is just old with arthritic problems...she has never bit me, although she can throw a fit when she is upset. Tinker hides mostly under any stressful new environment and when we left for the coast in July she knew we were leaving for a long time because she climbed up the shelf in the clothes closet higher then I have ever seen her nap in, i told her "You know what is going on, 12 years has taught you what our vacation time looks like huh? We'll be back, don't worry old lady."
Everyone who helped in our pet care said they never ever saw Tinker. and I knew that would be the situation as she is very cautious and very careful.
These 3 cats have grown comfortable with each other over the last 6 years now, in 2011 Tinker met Lewis as a neighbor, they never really trusted each other through the fencing then when we moved in next door to where we had been renting Lewis became a part of our lives, I love how he still cuddles so deeply into me as he is 14 years old now. He has a safe high up place with bedding outside in our nice big backyard with food and water he never has to come inside unless he wants to. Every winter he lives inside on the top on the big furniture by the sliding glass door to be outside at first light. He's an awesome cat to watch curse the neighborhood, he'll meow at the front door when he needs some snuggle time, Jazzy and him sleep together most every night as she always loves to keep him clean. They bond and companionship is what I hope for the kittens, Dory and Marlin. 
I hope they can always care for each other when I am not around too. 
My home of 5 cats have been a whole new level of adventure and joy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment