Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Learn How Baby Kittens Grow: 0-8 Weeks!




Today is Marly and Dory's 8 week birthday!

They are so adorable! 

I feed them wet food 3 times a day and slowly allow them to meet other pets in a safe slow way. I have been enjoying my friends visiting coming upstairs to sit and snuggle the kittens.

I have been watching how these kitties groom themselves right after eating chopped chicken, salmon or tuna. I make a wet cat food that looks like oatmeal in a way from Honest Kitchen.
This good quality food is mixed in water and the kittens love it!

I keep fresh water and dry food out at all times for the kittens as I bring in new toys and boxes to play with along side newspaper, pillows and blankets. I clean their litter boxes 2 times a day and always sit on the stairwell drinking coffee talking to them as they run and play!

I am truly in awe of my life!
I am very excited for the future with these 2 very smart and sweet kittens in my family now!

Dory and Marly are such good friends with each other, they keep each other safe at night as I close them up into their bedroom about 9pm and bring breakfast about 6am. They purr so much after breakfast that I give them so much loves and kisses. At noon I bring lunch up to them and they usually take a long nap with me or I go walk my dog after he's been watching and learning about our kittens through a safety gate.
Each cat knows we have kittens and they have been slowly curious and cautious. I would never leave my home without putting the kittens away safely, I always put Oscar away too, he needs time with himself and I have always known the cats could bug him when I am not home so in this big home I am able to do all of these safety first private rooms for everyone. It's wonderful that my home has such new life and new laughter in it!

They will really awesome cats as I can see how smart they are right now!

I picture Jazzy cleaning and loving them as if they were her own once they have learned to trust each other....they don't know what to think of such huge cat as her walking by them so we are taking it slowly, in 10 years they will be Jazzy's age and they will be such a comfort to me I know.....

My life is moving forward in the delight of kitten time right now!
I love this 8 weeks birthday for my kittens!






No comments:

Post a Comment