Search This Blog

Friday, August 16, 2019

How the float tank works



It's one of the most peaceful places I have ever discovered.

My own brain is a fascinating place to be.

I have always created a peaceful home, I get upset or annoyed if it's full of multiple noises, like my husband yelling at a football back when we were first married and I noticed how stress out the environment became so I told him that it would be better to go out into a public place with his buddies and how he will have many websites open at the same time as the TV on and I will instantly notice his ADHD kicking in covering many topics of world events, politics, health tips and over all new knowledge in studies about everything. While being educated and update on what is going on it's important to desensitize, down load, sit in silence or meditate before going to bed, before taking on a big event in your life. I appreciate my constant desire for quiet peacefulness and my husband benefits too, he is the one always telling me meditation is the key for mindful peace. I think my times in the float tank have been even better then that as I love the dark salty water cave of no noise and no distractions. I have discovered my mind returns to my childhood farm in moments I found peace among the chaotic and crazy days of my life.

Floating has brought me to this very day when my counseling and physic evaluations help me deal with my past and be better for my future.
The reason I am extremely focused on being quiet and peaceful in my home more often then not is because I had loud, busy, bossy and unstable schedules in my childhood home.
The reason I am having panic attacks is because I am having flashbacks to those helpless memories and the real fear of sudden screaming and yelling and hitting to make me wonder if I can handle my family without my calm, peace making brother Derek.
I can't be as brave as he was in how easily he handle the craziness of our family home, at least I feel like I can't be as brave as him.
He simply took on the role of encouraging us all to get along, now I miss him so much when my parents are going crazy at each other, I was frozen in place a month or 2 ago as they let out their frustrations with each other the chaos and the stress of them made me freeze in place.
I am not going to make it in the future, I thought to myself....not as I am anyway.
I signed up for help the very next day after having stepped back in time reminded of where I really come from. The battle between my parents is their own marriage, their own relationship issues I am walking in on a private part of their lives yet they created 6 more people in this structure of good and bad communications.
When life is good, when all of my family comes together in a loving supportive way I cherish it!
When life is hard, when no one seems to be talking to each other I take a longer walk with my dog and cry a little more in knowing it's all so important.
I am developing new tools in helping my parents, and just accepting that without my brother it will never be as peaceful again.

My husband is so happy I am getting the professional help I have needed, ever since I said "I feel as though I have already had kids of my own, my baby brothers could never be replaced!" I was 24 years old and believed that those last 10 years was my parenting time. I had no desire to do it all over again as I gratefully loved 3 adorable boys as if they were my own.
The float tank took me all the back to being 10 years old again and I saw the farmland as it was and as I wish it could of stayed in it's glory days!
The environment of pure peace, of quietness to process all the new therapy I am getting has been a wonderful journey!
My good memories are encouraged more then my bad memories, my panic attacks are lessening and my hope for the future has returned!

I love how the salt water feels, how I picture myself floating in space looking back at the pale blue dot we know as earth, maybe death is exactly like that looking back to place you once were at.

Surrendering this body into the tank and helping the mind to focus and then just let go, lets all the sore muscles to release as well, I can stretch in amazing ways while floating and I have noticed where my grief is being stored as well. Such stiff pains, such emotional triggers and such exfoliating of my skin is why I love floating so much!










No comments:

Post a Comment