Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Friendship




I was watching "Finding Nemo." the other day remembering how much I loved this movie when it came to the theater. I saw it a few times always encouraging my friends with kids to come with me! I was getting married in 2003 so I was busy planning, organizing and saving up for the ceremony I wanted. It was nice to take a break in all the life changing things to just go watch this movie and laugh so much!

I have been thinking if ever I get some new pets then I would name them Marlin and Dory maybe even Nemo....it would be fun to have new life in my home.

Oscar and I are insuperable of course, so I wouldn't do anything crazy to upset his elderly years.

Then my husband Tony said "We should help give the kittens a home. We could afford it and we have the space for sure!" I stared in awe and delighted shock at him.

He always said "NO. No more pets until we are debt free." I agree to those terms, I believe in being debt free and strong in our finical security before we ever promise to care for more animals again.

The calico cat who showed up at my parents farm, so nice and so kind needed a good home. Our friend Katie took the soon to be Mamma cat into her wonderful home not far from us. We loved helping out in any way we could, food, litter boxes and vet bills for we would of loved to have such a sweet kitty in our home yet our 3 old cats would of been upset by the birth of 5 kittens. I was so happy to babysit those adorable kitties, to talk to the very good protective Momma cat. Then Tony saw how happy all the kittens made me as I gave so many kisses and knew so much about their care....I was in awe that he said we could help out in giving them a home!

So Dory and Marlin came to live with us this week.
I turned the upstairs bonus room into a kitten wonderland and put safety gates up as I will slowly carefully bring the kittens into our elderly pet world.

Having 2 kittens helps them not being so scared or lonely, they rarely meow as they have each other to adapt to a new family. I would of loved having the whole family with me yet the Momma cat would of tried to kill all my other pets in her need to protect her babies. Our friend has the perfect place for her, I am so glad it turned out to be such a good story. For I had been worrying about that calico cat my father called "T.C." (For Tony's cat) in being on the farm those coyotes would of came in to get her so now I smile in this happy ending!

Especially for our home as I lay on the floor so they can run all over purring and loving all the good eats I can make for them. 
Dory and Marly have the best friendship!





No comments:

Post a Comment