Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Life of the home

    
   Today is the first of September which means it has been 2 years since we woke up in this home, I am in awe of how good it all looks, of how I am fixing things and changing things while simply enjoying this quiet neighborhood.
My husband loves having company over because he is very proud of our place.
He likes the garage protection when it's raining and we still have groceries to carry inside.
He loves the AC and the office window looking out into a lovely front yard.
He says it all the time that this is his most favorite home we have ever lived in.
He is right, it is the best place we have ever been.
I spend a lot of time in the home stores, reading about lawn care, ceiling fans, garage storage and finding the tools I need to fix up the place. I like taking such good care of this place, after 2 years it looks so lovely!

I am proud of my guest room and of having the kittens enjoy the bonus room.


It's important to me in keeping this home looking great and so I loose myself for hours in hardware stores, garden centers and I am often left chatting away to the memory of my brother Derek as I ask him "What color do you like or is this a good brand to buy?" 
2 years ago on this morning I woke up to see such bright sunshine coming into the kitchen, where he once stood cooking away for our family.
So in living here among his stuff, his home and his mail. I never get tired of seeing his things mixed in with mine. I am using my time in this home to help it shine!

It doesn't feel like 2 years.....


No comments:

Post a Comment