Search This Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2019

The Best Way To Introduce Your Two Cats



This has been the week of introductions in our home since the kittens are bigger, they want to explore and see the rest of the home.
They are cuddling more with me in purring, in wanting me to pet them and feed them. I play with them in all the new toys too.
I have tuna, chicken and salmon rotating their 3 wet food meals, while they can eat dry at any time. The bonus room is a kitten utopia.
Yet the kittens are growing up so quickly week to week, so I know they need to meet everyone else as soon as possible in cute caring ways.
The mornings of breakfast time is when the kittens come out to play meeting Lewis, Tinker and Jazzy. I think Jazzy is the only one who wants to play with them while establishing that she is the boss of the house. Tinker hisses and follows along the wall watching the kittens play yet not letting herself be known. Lewis is all about eating as much as possible while the kittens run around under the table he bolts outside meowing at me like "Hey thanks got get outside NOW." I always jokingly tell him and I kiss him on his way outside "Lewy, you are NOT the father, not responsible." My husband often laughs when I say that.
When Oscar has his breakfast in his bedroom then he can listen to the kittens run around freely, I put him on a leash until I get him outside to run around and watch through the screen door. Introductions are all so important and take time.
Time is the key to embrace, to help everyone have safety and trust.
They will eventually be well known, as in a year from now I hope to see everyone eating breakfast at the same time with no separation.
I will follow Jackson Galaxy's advice!
I will keep Oscar by my side, keep him safe and understand when he needs his down time, his safe space away from the endless playing of the kittens <3
I am glad that I understand the animal kingdom, that I can use all my knowledge and find videos like these to help me use this time wisely!
My home is a utopia for all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment