Search This Blog

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Partnership

         It's been a whole week now since I took the kittens home with me after sitting awhile with their mama cat Penny, her name on my parent's farm was T.C. (because my dad called her Tony's cat as a joke) then when she was so very pregnant my mom kept trying to get Tony to take the cat in and he found a good safe home for this little sweet cat.
Penny had 5 kittens and she is a very good mother, an amazingly good smart Mama, I could watch her for hours in how she cares and teaches her babies how to survive this world.
She will live safely and cozily in a loving family with the companionship of one or 2 kittens of her kittens in the end, I am still in awe that my husband said it was a good idea to bring kittens in our home.  
I am truly loving it!
      It was hard a week ago to take Dory and Marly away from their Mama Cat Penny.
I sat on the floor awhile talking to her and assure her that her babies will live a very good life with me.
I cuddled her thinking I am so very grateful she has a safe home for her having her babies.
That she gave the very best care of her wee ones that now run all over in joy of being together. 

Sweet Penny Mama cat!



I knew that by taking 2 kittens helps them be friends with each other, being born from the same litter, makes them siblings against the world into a partnership. I am glad they have each other as I don't always have time to be with them, in taking care of my 3 old cats and my Oscar who will be 13 years old in September. They are all upset by the kittens, yet they are adaptable to the fact these 2 tiny little kitties are cute and need help so they are concerned yet guarded too.

It will take time to have everyone trust each, Oscar loves cats especially kittens yet he has a need to be the alpha of them so I am still working with him on understanding these kittens are for us to protect not dominate. Oscar will get worn out worrying about the kittens running up and down the stairs that he will put himself away, hidden for his usual nap time I think this is a good sign that he will eventually be use to them in our family, if not I will always keep them separated for safety in all, I am not worried on how it will all go....I am delighting in just being with Oscar as he has healed so nicely and seems like a puppy again.
I am delighting in the kittens growing and learning! One week has gone by and all things have gone good in adapting and changing our quiet, simple home into new adventures and a new partnership!

No comments:

Post a Comment