Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Last day in June

This has been my favorite month of all.


A chilly year for the summer like weather, nice for traveling as Oscar is with us now in Cannon Beach. 
I love it here, my favorite place on earth in my favorite month of all!

I love my Oscar boy so much, my heart is bursting forth such joy to be here! I am in awe of it ALL!

We ran the coast line against the ocean this morning and no one was around, we played Frisbee like old times, we are old in this time actually. 
My wisdom is that my legs are sore and my breath is caught by the wind. My gray hair shines around my ears as it creeps into slowly to the rest of my head and Oscar's eye sight is bad. He ran his heart out, he also avoid the white waves of the bright blue ocean before us and barked at a log he thought was an animal until he got close enough. Being just him and I out there in the morning sun light was truly joyful!
       Oscar obeyed all of his commands, he even gladly found my husband Tony sitting up on a bench for a break. Tony said he could see Oscar limping when running in the wet sand and I had to looked his feet all over as I know old dogs sometimes just have aches and pains.
Our cottage has a fenced in yard so Oscar finds a bit of shade while I read my book on the picnic blanket as this day is pure magical! A good tribute to the best of June!
Tony and I went into town to check out all that has changed in the last 6 years......

I am in such peace of mind being here as if all is right with the world again.
I am in such love of our shared past, for our best vacations have always been here in Cannon Beach. 
I am in such hope for the future of visiting here far more then we have been able to lately, for all the early years of marriage were made better and very romantic with us visiting regularly at least twice a year when Oscar was a puppy/young dog.

We were sitting awhile all together on the bench looking out over the Oregon coast line as the morning moves us into noon. 
As time is perfect, as Oscar growls at other dogs arriving to play on the sand and I leash him up knowing his days of being a laid back happy go lucky dog have ended and he doesn't share very well anymore. 
Change is inevitable.

I am sad to say goodbye to June once again, but I am so very grateful to be here in Cannon Beach after such a long time away. 
My heart needed this place!

Tony and I sat in the Chocolate cafe this afternoon, the chairs are cozy nice and the smell is AMAZING all around us as I had a legendary chocolate milkshake, that was the very name of it so of course I will happily try it! He drank his coffee with his chocolate saying this was his kind of place!
I had never been to this chocolate cafe before, it's perfect in every way!
The fourth of July parade is coming up this week so we will remember to grab goodies here before watching it. 

I am cuddling on the couch right now with Oscar as we say goodbye to June, as we relaxed from our busy fun ocean side morning!  June is a spectacular month! I am thankful it comes around year after year bringing such wonders and promises for a great start to the best season of all, Summer time!








No comments:

Post a Comment