Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Joy is Strength

     
It's important to always have joy in sadness and in struggles, to be grateful for a life well lived and embrace all the emotions you feel for they all have a purpose and a job to do as you face life.

Benny and I sat together over a pitcher of Alaskan Amber and we shared a platter of fries while we talked about all these things in emotions or common sense. She was closer to me them my own sister and I will always miss her!

As I got to see her 2 kids this weekend I felt like she was right there with us smiling down from heaven tipping her glass of beer at us with that clever smile she had!

I explained to the kids in my tears how Joy is strength in hard times, how tears are meant to be let go of so that you can make room for courage and most importantly gratefulness to all the people still alive in our lives.     

Even though when we love someone so much it will always hurt to not have them with us anymore....
                     It's important to not be ashamed of grieving at any time in your life.
I said this to them both as we sat on a bench in the mall of Twin Falls Idaho telling stories and drinking smoothies. I was right where I was meant to be, I was in the heart and soul of my best friend helping her kids. Friendship is so important when sudden death and a life without the person you love the most there by your side. I bring my friendship and my humor in a real place of it's okay to cry your heart out each day for the rest of your life then embrace the goodness along the way.

I shared with them "I have learned that creating good times can't wait, it's now and it's important because the future hold sudden tragic events or a really bad, sad day that memories of all the good will hold you up while walking through any kind of darkness. Today is the day we smile and laugh and say "I love you and I am so glad you are in my life!" Because when we look back in time we can be so proud of who are in the worse time of our lives." I hugged the kids and remembering that when I was 12 years old and almost 16 years old I was living in crazy chaos and such fear of the unknown future too.   I hope I can help share that when they are 40 years old life will make deep senses in so many ways, nothing stays the same in the end and yet we are made wiser from all the years we have lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment