Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Life is full of magic!



I am missing my best friend Benny so much lately as I get ready to go visit her kids, especially her almost 16 year old daughter who was only 9 years old when Benny suddenly died.
My heart has carried that situation wisely and carefully knowing one day she will ask me to share in the great adventures and memories I have of my dear girl.
Benny and I chatted on the phone so much that an hour conversation was a short call.
We made plans to meet up and get together every time she was in town, or passing through.....
The last time I saw her was for dinner after her father's funeral to tell me all about it and share in what I deeply understood the topic of grief.
Of course I hadn't fallen through it's painful web fully yet while we talked. Her husband had taken the kids over to play video games as she tearfully said how she isn't the same person anymore. I walked her to the car of her family loading up to go back to Twin Falls as the spring season felt warm and the stars were out above us.
She looked so beautiful and so stylish in her office style clothes and hair curled a bit while red eyes and a big hug she laughed out loud at something I said as I waved goodbye.
I was always do that just seeing her right when she texted me and right when she was available because my life is far more flexible and I blended well into whatever social situation that she was facing. Benny will always be the smartest woman I have ever known, she was wise and aware while admitting she didn't know something when it came up in our hundreds of topics to talk about.
I am remembering so much about her again as the anniversary of her sudden death is appoarching, Our love for sharing the Harry Potter books started way back in time in my first apartment when she came to live with me for a month. That was when she and I went to the second film together too and we were loyal fans all the way to the end!
I had bought her a ticket for the midnight hour of the last movie, of the last part...I even made up the guestroom for her to sleep over and for us to enjoy the weekend together celebration the end of the Harry Potter stories. She was held up and had to cancel her trip. I easily gave the ticket away in a group of friends as I enjoyed the movie in the almost all night-er thinking to myself how everything good comes to an end. These characters are life long friends, these gifts in sharing my love for all of this with Benny is also a life long story!
Life is FULL of magic, full of love and wonder! I get to be one of the people who sees it and feels it and in true awe I get to LIVE IT!
I find my best friend Benny every time I open the pages of my most favorite books of all. Or when I hear the music play as the movie starts up!
How truly amazing it is to have Harry Potter in our shared life time.
I sure miss my friend.





No comments:

Post a Comment