Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Becoming Time



My brother Davis and I were talking about movies the other day and he joked about the movie director M. Knight Shyamalan  just as I said "He's one of my favorites!" Then Davis laughed nodding his head replying back "I can see that. He's the guy who makes movies while saying "Ask me what it means, ask me what it means." I laughed how very true...
I smiled in sharing "You have got to watch "Signs." It's awesome in every way! My favorite is "The village." yet I can re watch "Lady in the water." all the time too. I saw "The Happening." all by myself that was a mistake! I think I have seen most of his movies, even "Glass." was great for those of us getting old!"
The 20 years difference between my brother and me often leaves me realizing he hasn't seen the landmark movies or these profound shows I have loved my whole life. "Signs." was in-sync with my actual life time as I discovered how there are only 2 types of people in our society, those who believe in a higher power watching out for them and those who don't. The perfect balance is so very rare to find in a single person that this movie shares why in sudden death we are challenged and in looking back we see the whole story the whole purpose in the end.
I love how "Stories of Old." share about this incredible film. 
I love how talking about movies and about stories is seen by the younger generation like my baby brother. He reminds me every single day that time has moved on and it's never slowing down so I embrace the new adventures he is having in his now 20's as I also enjoy being in my 40's.

When Davis and I were chatting about movies in that moment I shared some of my thoughts and he looked so amused in replying "Careful Sis, Your Christianity is showing." and I laughed so hard how clever is he? How true to form my principles in life's right and wrong or questions of God come first from my back ground in Christianity. Time with my brothers always cheers me up!






No comments:

Post a Comment