Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2019

Becoming Grief




All of time and all of life is connected to grief, we might learn this when we are young or when we are old but we learn it nevertheless, and if we can learn how to handle it then we will not be the ones to say such horrible things from our lack of understanding, we will be able to avoid making someone feel worse then they already do while they grieve. It's easy to think we should all follow certain guidelines in order to do our best yet not everyone will feel or think the same when grief comes upon them.   
I have been explaining to others where I am, how I feel and what it's like in hopes for their support or simple kindness. I use this very example of the ocean as she explains here in tedtalk that makes me realized how I am not the only one who has come up with this helpful way of sharing.

I am grief, I will cry every single day of the rest of my life and I do, yet some days are better and some days are truly full of goodness and life!
I will still cry in joy, in love and in grace this is my way of being.

The more we are honest and real the more others can heal and learn from how it really feels becoming grief while facing the future.
I am very aware it doesn't get any easier from here, and I am at peace with that fact that now is the time of teaching and explaining for all of death is pain and loss. 

On a rainy day the sun light reveals a rainbow, you can see the bittersweet symphony in all of life, and you can carry the best kind of sympathy in your every day breath.



No comments:

Post a Comment