Search This Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2019

7 days later....



It's been a long week, a sad simple rainy week of not having Minnie under foot while I cook, of not having Minnie snoring loudly at night as I rub her soft belly and wake up to her bad breath panting excitedly that it's time to go outside.
After the first night with her gone my husband Tony said "The house is WAY to quiet, it's really creepy actually." I giggled and nodded for I had told him over the years when any kind of pet drama or any kind of noisy night unfolded upon us that one day he will miss it all, so take a deep breath just take it all in and do your best! BE in the moment of right now and loved it all for the day will  come when it's all completely gone.
Minnie's death was a safe comfortable way to go, We scheduled Gentle Goodbyes to come to our home. I had learned of this service years ago and kept it in my mind as the possible way I would want for my pets to be laid to rest if at all possible.
They come to us as Minnie spent the last morning of her life in so much love, with her favorite treats, her own back yard and chopped chicken breakfast. 
She napped one last time beside her sister Sidda as we prepared for the 11 o'clock hour. 
(While I kept Sidda and Oscar together in our master room because I knew they would be so anxious if they watched Minnie be put to sleep.) 
I simply laid on the floor with her by my husband's feet as we both held her for her last breath. The vets were very sweet and very good to help us get through this sad event.
I kept my nose by her nose, I kept my hands on her so she could smell me as she was sedated.
"Mommy loves you, Daddy loves you, Thank you for being the sweetest dog in the whole world, our baby girl."  
She was never alone for a second, we had such peace in laying her rest while also such deep pain in saying that final goodbye.
Her ashes have been laid out into the Boise foothills as we knew she loved running with other dogs in the dog park not far from there. 
7 days ago this all came to pass, 8 years ago she came into our lives and I knew it was the right choice, I knew I was right where I was meant to be. I also knew that one day I would cry in such deep hurtful pain of our final goodbye. 
For me it's all worth it, for me it's my calling in my life to be the love, the protector and the rescuer in sharing my home for the creatures, in sharing my life along the way of all these births and deaths.
Minnie gave me, gave us all such joy in our every day life!
Thank you my sweet girl.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment