Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Becoming Nothing

                         
It was right after my 40th birthday this winter that my friends and I went to do a girls day.  I was glad it wasn't snowing and the roads were clear to get downtown. We went straight in for our appointment at the float tank spa. I had never done that before just lay in a dome of salt water.
It was truly AMAZING!
I will always remember how peaceful and how important it was for me, I loved the spa set up having my own room with a tank full of salt water so I just float as I rest in a dome of darkness and with no sound the lack of stimuli was what I needed and admired about doing this.
For 60 minuets in floating the water, my skin felt amazing and my body stretched out completely, I stretched and bent in different ways through the peaceful pool for that hour of pure deep darkness. I felt like I was nothing after awhile I wondered if death is this black but your soul still knows where it is?
I had flash back memories of the very first place I can remember noticing in my life, My Grandparents farm and not just that place in the world I remembered them as they were when I was 3 years old, in their working farm clothes selling freshly picked  peaches in the warm bright sun light. I could hear them say my name and pick me up and carry me around under the cotton wood trees surround by soft dirt roads. The displays of peaches in half bushel baskets, strangers talking and boxing up their peaches. The smell of the country side and late summer was there in my mind as I floated and as I realized I have gone back to my first days of life. I lived in a wonder land of riches, nature and farming at it's finest and in it's hay day of success. Those places are getting less and less, a road side fruit stand like the one my Grandparents worked on their farm just down hill of where they lived. I was born into a farming family on my mother's side and we visited up northern Idaho my father's big family in logging and construction. I floated thinking about the hard work of all the people I come from, the memories I have of flannel shirts and brewing coffee, the noisy kitchens of food cooking and the never ending stories of everyone's life. I miss all of that now as I am 40 years old floating in the peaceful relaxing spa. Time is as fleeting as turning off the dome light into soaking in pure blackness. I got salt water dripped on my eye by accident that's why they have fresh water bottles to spray your face inside right by you. And I never made that mistake again! I came out feeling like I had cycled right through my life seeing and remembering only the good memories so this made me ever so happy and so empowered for the rest of the day! I would recommend Floats Tanks to anyone, it's a truly amazing feeling showering off all that salt and having such smooth skin! I enjoyed unplugging from the world of technology for an hour too. It was such a quiet, still place my brain was able to relax into a small nap. I am now ready for my next 40 years, and I will return to the float again as my body was able to adjust it's self and that felt awesome too!  We were having lunch right after our float tank time and we all shared how our very first memory came to us and I thought of how special that was! How our brains hold so much information when stripped of all distractions and stress it goes back to the start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment