Search This Blog

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Becoming Honest and Brave



In a world of religion and judgement, in a society of rules and need for control it's easy for me to understand better as I am older that the fear of rejection is real and being different is a true danger.
I never got that back in my 20's with all my "still in the closet" friends, I was bold and brave in telling them to own it and just be themselves as real as they can be.
I never thought that real evil would threaten them for being in same sex relationships, because if God is love and if Jesus spoke in the bible about he who is without sin can throw the first stone. Yet now I realize the fact that Jesus had to talk to an angry mob with rocks ready to throw at someone then evil is dripping from the bible like real blood and yet we accept that story as "the OLD ways in handling people different from the rest."  I am wiser now, I am aware that being bold and brave in who you are can get you killed, can make your whole life pure hell. Yet it's important to judge who to trust and who to be your true self with....
In a world of right and wrong, black and white clear cut judgement then I warn very clearly "Tread lightly and be wise." It's not my youthful defiance of "Be proud of who you are, stand your ground and live your best life possible." that only works if you live in a safe society. All religion is corrupted, all the people in charge of it have learn to adapt and edit those rules for today's world yet I can clearly see the not very safe ways people live in their quest to serve God above the best life for others.
In "6 Feet Under." I adored David he reminded me of people I know very well, He gave me such new insight to the word "Caution." 
I had a deep conversation with my best friend Benny about this show and these scenes as she explained to me "It's not easy for most people to be disowned by their parents, because they think that if those people who created them don't like them then they must be really bad people in the end." I resorted with a snort "That's ridiculous! There are tons of people out there having babies they wish they didn't have, or they don't like the way those kids turned out. As sad as it is the kids need to learn that it's far more important to be proud of who they are and be the kind of person that makes the world a better place!" Benny laughed and nodded proudly of me as she replied "I wish it was as easy as you see it, What a wonderful world that you live in, no wonder you are always happy." I chuckled explaining "I have been disowned and disliked, I have been bullied and made fun of so I know I am not wasting any of my time not being the best person I can be in my life time. I wish everyone could embrace their own happy endings. BE who they are in full light and in full love!"
Now I am older with Benny gone to our Hogwarts Heaven and I feel less sure that communities will be their best self if allowed be honest and brave.....
Spring is a season of births in creating a new world, we are just a few years away from a Utopia if every parent gave their babies the perfect environment to live with love always. I am cautious now as I am older realizing that as long as we have religion we will have such evilness to fight against, so I hope David's bravery can inspire us all to be our real selves even when it gets so difficult and so dangerous. I will be honest getting older makes being brave feel even harder then ever before....yet Love is my first heart beat in whatever I have to face in the future. And I believe it can get better....maybe even safer for all if we become better people.








No comments:

Post a Comment