Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2019

Becoming Calm

         
It's not far from here maybe an hour's drive to Idaho City where the mountains are beautiful, the river moves along the road as I always think it's breath taking beautiful.
I have been to The Springs not far from the small town surrounded by pine tree and true beauty. I think of that place as pure magical to be in the mountains soaking in the hot spring pool while seeing such wide open sky. I first heard of this place 6 years ago and when my friend Tiffany took me in 2017 I knew I would be back because my husband would LOVE the place in a heart beat!
I have mentioned it before I know in the fun day my Mom was able to go, my brother Davey and I worked together to make sure she was safe while being with her own friends. She wanted it to be hotter then it was yet the hottest pool wasn't going to be easy for her to soak in so we kept her in the warmest corner of the big pool, the dressing room smells like lavender and the ease of the big showers had me getting her showered and dressed very easily. Yet it was a big event day that she both enjoyed and got impatient about. I have gone there after that day in awe that we were able to get her there, to do all of that behind the scenes work to see her smiling and talking to her friends in the hot springs.
For my 40th birthday my Husband took me there, we steamed in the steam room then quickly found a place to sit in the pool enjoying our wine while talking, the snowy mountains and cold wind kept us in place for our fun event. I was delighted for that full day of sun shine and our conversations on what my 40th year will look like. I am glad my husband loves that place just as much as I do, because it is fun to relax together. 
Also or my birthday gift my sister-in-law Stephanie took me there for a lovely early spring afternoon. She has been a very supportive caring friend in our going older family, since our husbands are brothers we have very much in common, we enjoy all good times sharing in our family. We soaked in the lovely clear day delighting in becoming calm. We have a history now in all the ups and downs, in those years we didn't get along we talk about how we grew stronger and better from that as well. I love how we agree that each new day is a new story for our lives and as I always say we can reinvent ourselves at any moment we decide we don't like who we are or we have better information to improve from.
That day was truly special. I loved just being girls together, just being in a relaxing hot springs with the first sight of spring arriving. 
Becoming calm comes with getting old, with making peace with those in our lives and finding closure for the past while holding onto hope for the future that the moment of right now is vital to understand how beautiful and perfect it is as you just soak, just be.
I love the springs, I love being out in the mountain side that surrounds the pool and hot tub of the spa. It's such a calming environment that I know being there is so important to slow down even though time will not.  
I think my 40th year is going to be amazing! I think I am going to like slowing down to enjoy the season changes even more then before.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment