Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2019

We are the World




Whenever this song came on the radio I would sing it at the top of my lungs even though I was just a little kid in the back seat of my parent's car. 
When I hear it now I smile at how it was one of my favorites growing up, it brought back memories of being little observing the whole world around me from the car window. As My mother drove to the bank, the gas station, the grocery store. Then she would drove to a department store for the rest of the afternoon having us kids try on clothes. I hated dressing rooms back then I actually still do hate them to be honest, there is a feeling of vulnerability taking your clothes of in public and trying on uncomfortable sizes because they are on the clearance racks. 
This song always comforted me as kid, it would stay in my mind long after it was the car radio as our mother drove around. We lived that way a lot going and going where ever my mother wanted to go because she suffered from cabin fever all the time!
When she would be tired and say being home is important we kids would play all day in our PJ's. I liked staying home far more then going out even back at 8 years old. I requested places with a playground if we went out into the world of course, I protested trying on clothes every time and when I was 10 years old I did put my foot down, my mother and I had such a huge fight I was in trouble of course, I think music helped me get through those years of having no control and no power for my self. This song gave me a sense of wonder that this world could be better then what it was!
Now I can see why I am very sensitive to children, I am very aware of how they are going to be what makes this world good or bad so now is the time to be their support and their protection. To be their friend in listening and in sharing, in resting and in playing. Life is always cycling through like this song on the radio, it touches our soul for a reason!
WE are all connected, we are all called to be our very best selves for the future!
I have been singing this song with such joy!
It still inspires me, it gives me confidence that back when I first heard it I was able to use it as a strength in my survival!   Music is exactly that for me, a life lesson on getting through the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment