Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2019

My Dinner Party

       

      In turning 40 tomorrow I wanted to host a nice steak dinner for my intimate family, my parents and in-laws and siblings.
It turned out wonderfully!
Everyone was able to make it for the long table and the celebration! (except my sister who was already taking her husband for his birthday too)

It's such a great birthday gift from my husband to bring everyone together as I am honored to have them all in my life!
My parents, my siblings, my husband's parents and their spouses with his brother and wife who really helped make it such a fun night in birthday party hats and great stories!
The joy I had was brilliant in this moment of time where I loved seeing everyone and knowing these are the most important people in my life who have lead me into adulthood.

I am the first of all of us "kids" to turn 40 years old.

  It has always been a longing, a desire for me to have these people all come together for a nice dinner, to see everyone in the same place and be loved!
 My family, and my husband's family met up last night for a good steak dinner in celebration of my birthday and along side our siblings it was a full on good time!

Family is always so very important!
               For when 2 people marry the merging of 2 families also happen. When my father turned 40 years old we had a whole weekend of merging my mother's family and his family all together. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    So last night while driving home after such a good time, I wondered if that is why it's very important to me in doing kinda the same thing?  Maybe I am following the same ideas my father had when he turned 40 years old back when I was 12 years old? 
His parents came and help setup the place on our farm for the big family reunion on that spring weekend. My father was the first to turn 40 in his family of 7 kids, then my mother invited her parents and 3 siblings along side the spouses and growing families that weekend my Dad turned 40 years old it ended up being a huge group of people! Which remains in me as one of the most wonderful times with all of my childhood families, both sides merging into a big event!

Last night I had a similar setup with less numbers, in a more simple style of meeting up all together and it was perfect! 

My 3 sets of parents have played such an important role in our lives, Tony and I have been grateful that they could all come together. 

I looked down the table to find everyone I love so much, to see everyone I have shared my life with!
 
Cheers to 4 decades of so many stories and so many adventures with these wonderful  people!


No comments:

Post a Comment