Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Snake Life

Have you ever watched snakes move around? They wiggle and slither on forward always connected to everything behind them as well as in front of them. Last year at the lavender Festival I saw a BEAUTIFUL purple looking garden snake and carefully watched over it so no one step on it as it disappeared back into the lavender fields.
Since moving almost a month ago I have explained to people that I'm living a snake life! I wake up every morning to let my dogs out and walk with them over to their section of the yard and from there my whole rest of the day will be getting things done in a snake like manner!
For example; I put the dogs in their fence, notice they need water so I get them water and then carry fresh water to the chickens, let the chickens out if they want and notice my garden gloves so I put them on to clean the coop then pull fresh weeds with the roots for the chicks. Then as I slide around in the yard moving from one project to the other as I go back to the dogs again. I realize coffee still hasn't been made after a few minuets so I get the pets inside for their own breakfast time as from one room to the next I carry things here and there, then finally start coffee while also gardening in the front yard too. From washing dishes to carrying clean clothes, to sweeping from vacuuming, I live in such a snake life! Since we have moved my life is very much this way all day and if I rest it's doing another project of some kind inside.
One day soon I hope to have it all in place, I hope to also get back to the park before the summer ends and go on more walks with my dogs but for now I am never on the move without something in my arms. I set something down in one place only to find my way back around to where I had started my day again! 
Have you ever thought snakes were fascinating? I am not wanting one for pet but I do admire them! In my new home it takes time to find peace, to relax when I see many fun gardening things to do or cats to pet! It's a beautiful place and becoming even more magical everyday! I just wonder how long will I be moving in this way, JUST like a snake! I am  connected to things in front of me as well as behind while I move, while I slither through the grounds?


No comments:

Post a Comment