Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Our Picnic

"This is why I don't like picnics...to many bugs out trying to get in your food while you are eating." Tony said with such annoyance that I chuckled. It had been a long stressful crazy week moving into a new home and realizing how much change there is instantly surrounding us. I had to get to the park or die trying! I had to find some shade in a lazy moment or else I was going to throw myself into the river....(always with the drama and me) Imagine though a nice river swim? After lifting heavy things and unpacking boxes.....After adjusting the pets and scrambling after chickens! I have wanted my farm and now I got it more or less......The picnic was reminder that I can calm down again. Then suddenly a squeal from my husband didn't phase me as I ate my sardines with cheese. "AAAAAaaaa that fly just bite me!" I comment not looking up "Must have been a horse fly then.....I thought it look really big when it landed." Tony sighed and tried to lay down on the blanket only to slice his foot with a huge thorn. "OH MY GOD!" was all I could choke out at the sight of the huge thorn sticking out of his bare foot! I couldn't help but realize....even giggle a bit.....
That we have NEVER in all the years we have been together just never had a picnic in peace!?! I am realizing now that it will probably never happen actually, with such drama, craziness and Tony facing nature is just the way it is.
So as Tony got bugs in his food, in his shoes or in his drink. Our perfect picnic never really find it's self at peace. Tony was NOT joking when he said a fire pit is the closest thing to camping he will ever want to get! AND I have to wonder after our last outing recently, if maybe Tony has some kind magnetic bug attracting energy???


I stared on in awe and in horror too over the kind odd of bugs that landed on Tony as I ate my snacks in my own personal space with such calmness. Tony stated after flinging about saying "It's because I am here they never bother YOU." I titled my head thinking that even if I sat there all alone these bugs wouldn't have bothered me much, I really like bugs to be honest.......so if they DID land on me chances are I wouldn't have even noticed anyway and maybe that is the difference between what side of the picnic blanket had the attacks?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment