Search This Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Living Lavender

This year's lavender festival was perfect! Not to hot in the mid morning when we arrived. My lavender latte' was a perfect blend of the earthy coffee and soft flower. My husband's lavender Italian soda was spot on in flavor as well!
So often people sale lavender foods or drinks having nothing even close to the real taste of those perfect buds!
I bought a hat that I had been wanting all year, just like I do in my way of shopping I think about it awhile.......
It took me 6 years to finally buy my brown dress because I knew what I wanted and I waited for the sale price and dress structure to all match before I would drop a dime!
My mother-in-law JoAnne would confirm that I am a extremely picky shopper when she went shoe shopping once and vowed to not do that again! I didn't get offended, I even warned her ahead of time and  told her how I am about my ideas of shopping for things I want in my mind's eye. IT CAN TAKE YEARS for me to buy something I need, that is just how I am.....
So with My new hat after a year of waiting to buy it there and the fields of lavender surrounding me made that Sunday morning perfect
My husband always loves these festivals just as much I do! He even talks now of our own lavender fields one day, how my festivals would be top notch classy and beautiful! We are always chatting like that about one day down the road when we have arrived to our dream job, home or life, I don't think of it as pipe dreams or dead ends in reality......In fact quite the opposite! I think of how the possibilities are always ENDLESS!!! We can make our lives what we choose, how we build it around whatever comes at us!
 
Ya never know, We could have that lavender farm one day....
JUST like in how I have my eye on a pair of comfy stylish purple shoes over the last few weeks now wondering to get them or not? 
IF We wait, plan, question and wait some more........then who knows where we will be in another decade?
I believe the fragrance of lavender is like that, truly full of hope and peace all at the same time! You breath it in and the soul flies free full of dreams and new ideas! 


You take the time to notice that living along side lavender is like owning your own personal magical moments to dream forward as it all blooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment