Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rescuing Cottage


               While everyone was over in the new house, I found my computer still hooked up on the empty bare living room floor of the now "old home". I sat down to breath all sweaty and dirty from moving, I am a very slow mover. I know this to be true from inside my heart and soul I move slowly touching everything as I go for the reflective part of me has to part with the way I had known it. THIS is what is so hard on me not that I am wanting to stay the same because I know, I understand there isn't real growth staying in place exactly the same. Living in different homes doesn't make you all that different as well, it just allows you to know how to move on better. I am a Nester, a home maker with a mothering soul....all animals are loved, guard and cared for easily in my presence. While moving day was extremely overwhelming I took my time not in such a hurry to change, I sat down in my open empty cottage thinking to myself "This was my rescuing place, my safety from the outside world, from all those dramas that followed my mother's stroke last summer...." I sat realizing saying goodbye hurts deeply, Now I am thrilled over my new place but it is this already loved cottage that I will miss!
Tinker Belle my beautiful fluffy 5 year old cat strolled by me as I sat alone on the floor, I began talking to her until I cried. She clawed me later out of panic when I put her into my new bedroom so she must of not REALLY understood our evening talk about how change is good, we can grow form this and move forward. 
THIS cottage was a magical place one year ago I moved in with such ease because it wasn't anyone's actual home to me. Right now I am living in my neighbor's home and whose friendship made this change possible. It's a bit more of adjustment for me on a different level, Truth is I have never been good at goodbyes since I was just a little girl! When visiting my Grandparents and extended family while growing up I cried every time we said goodbye and THAT has always been my way of facing such moments.
I knew I would not live in the cottage forever ever, but I did hope to see the new few years grow there. THAT July morning when I got my sister's call, that one single moment in time flashed before my eyes again as I sat on the empty living room floor alone with my cat......Oh how I loved this place when we moved in and how I had all the grand garden plans, had all these summer time events still to unfold then I got THE call....The one call brought me to my knee and I screamed!  Really couldn't have screamed so loud and so hard if I still lived in the Condo....Nope the Cottage was there as my rescue! I had dreams of this day coming my mother's stroke and I knew exactly where I was now in the history of my life! Everything else followed with that one comfort in the back of my mind when I get HOME sometime in late hour of the day I will breath again! This Cottage will give me the stars, the trees and the grass to lay down and simply LOOK UP! Oh how I loved my cottage, my time there was perfect for the imperfect stories of my life.
Soooooooo I said Goodbye with tears streaming down my face.
Once the whole place was clean the patio wide open I took my music over there in the cool summer night, and dance out my heart and soul one last time!
Every home in my heart will have a story for the rest of my life, but this past year was the story of the cozy cottage and of all the love I embraced through the toughest year I EVER had to face!


2 comments:

  1. A very thoughtful reflection of the last year. By the way, that is a wonderful picture of Tink.

    ReplyDelete