Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tucked IN

         Whenever I fly...in a airplane (NOT when I fly around in my backyard) I get super nervous! Not that the plane will crash I understand that isn't within my control but I get nervous over what if I don't get my seat? That perfect, safe, amazing MIDDLE seat?!? 
I was 15 years old the first plane I rode in, I like the window seat to see out of it until I was truly dizzy then I closed my window shade fast realizing I don't need to look straight across at those birds flying along side. Then my second flight was when I was 17 years old meeting friends in Disneyland once again I sat out in the aisle so I could be the very first person off! I kept getting bumped by people's bags sitting out there. When my father-in-law remarried I sat in the middle seat between both my brother-in-law and my husband, I felt safe for the first time in an airplane!
The Middle seat it is then! I love that certain spot in a common row of three seats, I feel relaxed instantly sitting there that even if all other seats are still open I sit alone in the middle seat! (this is how I often look going to Portland hahahahahahaha me and my middle seat alone)  
This past April when flying to Florida and back, I noticed the middle seats were always left wide open! How odd and how lucky was I the whole time?!? These middle seats on an airplane might be "under valued" but how could it be? When they will keep you tucked in safely and you will be comforted in that perfect setup? (perhaps for me having always liked sitting in cozy corners, or squeezing in the backseats with friends growing up, I loved that "Tucked In" feeling when also on the move......?
The view from the middle seat is another seat anyway you look! All around you like in a box with a person on either side or in front. I like seeing people verse the clouds when we are up so high!
NOPE don't want to look out the window and get dizzy again. NOPE don't want to stick out the side as bags hit my head. I have always liked being tucked into places, being held tight by seat belts and other people around me my whole life! SO as I flew to Florida I realized that most importantly I STILL love that kind of safety, the tucked in feeling! I am even smaller now after changing my diet, loosing weight so the middle seat is truly a perfect fit! AND I am perfectly happy in flying as long as I am in the middle the whole way around!




1 comment:

  1. I love that you like the middle seat. That way we can always sit together!! :-)

    ReplyDelete