Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Blue D

It caught my eye and pop out at me suddenly, surprisingly I reach to touch it and it was real. The blue D was the first thing I saw at that moment. It just popped right out in front of me, making me feel instantly happy! I smiled to myself for a really long time, looking forward to touching it again and again. 

"Happy Birthday Debby!" the room full of people sang to me as I stared at birthday cake with huge red strawberries frosted on top. Then I got to unwrap my gifts, I couldn't stop starring at it the big blue D stitched into a rainbow flower print purse! We were at my Grandma's house in St.Maries Idaho for I was just turning 3 years old and I remember this day so well! I really wish I still had that purse, I could describe it perfectly as it remains in my memory though. Blue is one of those colors that makes me smile up at the sky! So on my 3rd birthday celebration the blue D popped out at me, made me smile with joy! People may think I am kinda weird to remember so young in life, I have dug down deep within my mind's eye to always remember as much as possible for while these events were unfolding I said to myself it was important to not forget...YET Once again I wonder if this is a gift or a curse?

The blue D brings me back and moves me forward all at the very same time! I wonder to myself how do such things appear so magically that it can trigger us to smile, to feel, to remember or to belong? I loved that birthday, loved that soft rainbow purse of my earliest memories, and how it stood out so bright and blue! While my smile shined true!

No comments:

Post a Comment