Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lavender Oil

These last few days I have been sick with a head cold. I am not a fan of that balloon head feeling you get when you are sick. Nor do I like not being able to breath. I was surprise to get so sick suddenly, I went down quickly, even rested in bed all day yesterday. Having my cat and dog sleep along side of me was very sweet! I have been doing everything for this cold and now on day 3 I am feeling much better! I made a homemade chicken soup with cabbage, and roasted veggies. Also drinking herbal tea that actually states it helps the common cold. I love that warm feeling of tea hitting my soar throat and the refreshing way it smells. But whenever I get sick my most favorite scent of all is Lavender. I am sure that comes at such a surprise:-)
Now I love the scent of Lavender no matter what, don't get me wrong! BUT in the last few days every time I got into a steamy hot shower I would put a few drops of my lavender oil in my hands while breathing it in. It clears my head instantly, helps my aches and pains to relax. I know it's just the beginning of the cold and flu season, I even got a flu shot a couple of weeks ago for my therapy dog visits at the hospital. I am really hoping once this is over I will be healthy and strong through out the rest of the holiday season. With the help of Lavender in my lotion, in my herbal tea, on my pillow and in my shower I am getting better.  Lavender oil has many usages, for me this week it was to help me deflate my balloon head!

No comments:

Post a Comment