Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Harvest Moon

It was such a romantic night with the Fall season surrounding us with those chilly evenings and the smell of hot tea steaming. Tea is a beverage of my Husband, Tony. This is also the man in my life whose love and company gives me time to calm down and relax. He shows me how important just doing nothing at all really is. Some may say that sounds like being lazy but for me last night it was perfect. I celebrated my life under the harvest moon. We attended a wonderful production of the "Fleet Street Klezmer Band" at the Shangri-La Tea Room here in Boise Idaho. My sweet friend Victoria Kostenko plays the violin in the band of Jewish klezmer, sephardic and gypsy music. I loved the Shangri-la in general but last night's performance was delightful and intimate! I love the cozy season of fall, the colors outside with the comfort of sweaters. But after thinking over the last few of my blog stories I realize how far I have come in my life with so much beauty among my sadness. I am moving forward with such depth and such closure in my life that the new journey before me is both exciting and alarming. I hadn't thought taking a trip last weekend to the northern part of this state would awake in me such a past of pain and confusion. Yet in seeing my extended family I have such hope for better relationships in the over all time I have left on this earth. Last night after such amazing food, along with such passion for cooking and the new ideas sparked in me. I am inspired more to look to the future! My Tony was charmed as much as myself in the wonderful special night of singing along and clapping to such beauty. When the children danced, I laughed thinking how lucky they are to have such musically gifted parents and to have so much love all around!
Once we settled into our one last cup of tea before bed, I sang "Be happy" by Ananda band. This is one of my most favorite songs, Tony said I had such a beautiful singing voice and I knew you can change the story that was told to you as a child about who you are. As an adult I now sing with love....

BE HAPPY by Ananda Band

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare

2 comments:

  1. I agree. The purpose of looking at the past is to more clearly see the present and better navigate the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks A. Chris<3 I think in all my memories I have a new lesson every time to discover when I recall it again. Sometimes though after remembering I will be really sad then snap back to the present saying "WAIT A MINUTE that isn't my life anymore...just Be happy!" hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete