Search This Blog

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Winter's weariness

It's such a cold day as I pack up the Christmas decor, as I feel so weary.

I am not that excited about a new year, in fact I am not in a hurry to get into the future.
It's nice to be home for the pets are all napping peacefully as it's snows a little outside.
I am noticing they are all growing older, Minnie can't hear at all anymore with gray hair around her eyes, with her moaning when she moves about.
Sidda gets clearly confused as soon as it gets dark at night, she sure dreams a lot and has an occasional breathing issue. I think she is so cute all the time, she loves to sleep deeply in among the messy bed.
I love that she gets along with Minnie or Oscar so well since they can't be in the same room with each other without a bad dog fight. Oscar has grown old in being very annoyed of Minnie, he attacks her even when she is just napping on the couch so I keep him in his own room. I give him my own personal attention and keep him away from even the cats if he is extra grumpy/growling a lot. 
The cats all have heath issues too, so while I give them bone broth and medicines I think it's very clear to me that my elderly pets are making me want to stay at home as much as possible.
 I always knew they would grow old but now I feel a bit afraid to move forward into this new year with possible health issues they may have.
I guess my hesitation is apart of the evidence I see in how time is changing once again around my home.
 I love slowing down, I love simply being with my 6 elderly pets.
Since time is all I have I will do my best to give them the best home possible!

My brother Derek gave me a blanket with dogs on it a couple of Christmases ago, he always teased me that my facebook page was full of pictures of my pets. 
I look back at those pictures now with such awe of how lovely it all was back then, it was a lot of work at times but I wouldn't of change it for the world!
I am cuddling up right now with that very same blanket, with that same delight to stay warm in all this winter's weariness.....


No comments:

Post a Comment