Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2018

Speak your Truth

It's been an interesting thing to me in seeing Oprah every where online because of her powerful inspiring speech at the Golden Globes. 


Since Oprah won the life time achievement award she gave a speech to help women fight against abuse while still making it big as she has done.

I remembered how I never missed an Oprah episode back in the days of my 20's if I could help it. For I planned everything around that 4pm hour when on regular TV channels I would hear her show start up as I started cooking dinner. 
Then I would go sit down and take it all in! Her show was so Awesome! I learned something new each day!
(It really was a wonderful time in my life back then, following her show like that)

 
Oprah said at the Awards show "Speak your Truth." Something that I have always done and it sure got me into trouble! I know what she meant, but I also know more now about how to do that without getting into so much trouble as I use to...My husband has often said I lacked the understanding of my truth not being everyone else's truth.
As I am older now I can see what he meant, I am also far more cynical now because he always confronts me when I get excited about a new idea or a new passion for something to speak about...
He brings in more information for me to not just live up in the clouds and enjoy my own little world as I have so often did growing up.
I know speaking your truth sounds great for a moment in fame, speaking your truth is a brave move when facing a bully in your life, speaking your truth is good all around advice as long as you have a sense for when that is possible and when it's best to be quiet.
How about LISTEN with truth?
We never put much focus on listening, we all have something to say for sure!
But to say "Listen in Truth, Listen in love for those around you."
Just listen.
Listen and learn.
I have come to feel at peace in not speaking at all lately.
I have seen some crazy scary things in last couple of weeks that leaves me very humble in being quiet.

I am very afraid of the future, I am worried for those I love to suffer pain and heart ache as I have, I wish I could speak my truth in changing the stories of stressful tears to loving laughter.....(perhaps it's why I write to capture the wonder of being alive and finding that deep purpose in all of it)

When I say "I have no words." I feel this fear in me that I am defeated.

When I just listen I feel like I am right where I am meant to be, in fear and in tears I just am.

When I speak my truth these days it straight forward in hopes to help others feel safe enough to do so too but if they don't that is quite alright with me too.

When I look back over my life I was everything I ever want to be, so I am grateful to just be calm and peaceful right now, my fear is real and my time is short, so I'll just listen to my favorite song awhile longer this morning then................ 


No comments:

Post a Comment