Search This Blog

Monday, January 15, 2018

The Pain

This morning was a very emotional one for me as my dear friend Carol called me with horrific news that her wonderful big fluffy fun cat Penny had been murder, perhaps by a raccoon in the way it was left for Carol to find.

In the trauma of this and in the shock of her beloved cat suddenly dead she called me and we cried together. "Oh My God!" was all I could first say, then "I'm so sorry! Oh Honey,  I loved that cat, you gave her the best life ever! She was such a cuddling queen!"
When we have these pets in our lives every single day, they sleep on our pillows with us and in our arms all day long, they get the biggest part of our heats and our shared life together which brings out our very best love to share to the whole world!
   
The sudden death of Penny Lady, a cat so awesome in all her stories and adventures makes me realize the death of a pet is always so heart breaking, always so painful for the companionship we have grown to enjoy in our daily lives is now gone.

This morning I cried for my friend, it's interesting to me that Penny was like a celebrity to me. I enjoyed seeing pictures of her online and I laughed over so many clever cat stories she would pull on Carol. 
When Carol explained that she called me once she could calm down and stop screaming, I burst out crying even more for her because I know that kind of pain and that kinda of trauma in sudden death. I think we do scream to let out the fear, let out the shock, we scream to let out the sudden pain that slices our very soul. As we scream when facing sudden death of a loved one we release all that pain, all that heart break to bring back within our lungs new air, we need to scream out when our pain is so very deep and so very great. 
In the new air and in the new deep breath we take on the next step towards our trauma.
In being able to realize screaming is the only proper reaction to this moment we are released of all our fear. It'll still be there that fear and pain in any devastating situation but we will be made stronger for knowing to just let go, the story has suddenly changed.
We can't re-write nor can we fix it so we resolve to react and then cry our hearts out to the pain of death that is always there especially if we loved so deeply.

The pain of death is something I know very well, so I think of how it can never be avoid. Although like this morning it can sure take us by surprise!

I am so grateful we can cry to release this very same pain along the way, we can be motivated by anger and be made smart by fear in this pain of loss as well,  but I am ever so grateful for just crying.



No comments:

Post a Comment