Search This Blog

Monday, January 8, 2018

Setting Intention

As a new year begins I am not very sure I can handle it, I use to get so excited about choosing a word of the year and focusing all my intention on it so that I can make that word a part of myself.

As the years add up from doing this I think about all the words that I use to think made me stronger and wiser....yet while I attended a yoga workshop about setting intentions for the new year I realized there is a whole other list of words that apply to me perfectly right now.

I always tell people when they lived through trauma to give themselves grace and rest.
Yet I haven't taken that advice for myself lately, I keep trying to stay busy or I get so worried for others going through any stressful situation. I know that choosing a word for a year is rather silly when nothing really prepare us for the future.

Taking this workshop was very interesting to me as we were given a list of 9 obstacles that keep us from our intentions;
1. Illness 
2. Lack of Engery
3. Doubt
4. Hast
5. Distraction
6. Resignation
7. Arrogance
8. Inertia
9. Lack of Confidence

I have all of these in me right now,  I have defeat and weariness too. I am very afraid of the future. I know that I have been traumatized. I know that I am still alive on the earth for awhile longer so I have to face this fear in me in order to move forward.

I have been thinking about how in this new year it's my intention to grow a garden, and have many friends over for a fire pit and good BBQ. It's my intention to share good foods and friendship.

I think for 2018 my word is Intention.
and here I wasn't sure I could pick out a word as last year comes to mind through so much pain and grief....Putting Courage into practice ended up kicking my ass.

I think only time will tell if I can use my intention to lessen my fear of the future.....


No comments:

Post a Comment