Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Mixed Bag Goodbye

Yesterday at the Hy Park street Fair I was able to stop by the Mixed Bag Bazaar booth. The ladies have closed the doors of their shop down the road from where I live and I have been most sadden to see it end! That was one of my most favorite places to shop this last winter and now that my money has taken a turn for the lesser amount I feel like their going out of business sales were very hard to pass up! So lately I have been reflective in how just the last 12 months nothing stays the same. How my new friends will stay in touch but the places we see or go to will not be the same for long. Every few years relationships shift and souls grow up to move on but I like looking back to those delights in the simple calm moments of my life! The smell of sage and of lavender, of old books and fabric softener, along side miss matched furniture and sparkling jewelry, dishes and hand crafted art works. The sales clerks becoming my friends and hugging me on every visit, while talking those cold winter's afternoons away! We were full of our life stories to share and liked seeing how a community needs such stores as that once again! I will miss them at Mixed Bag and I will remember what perfect timing in going shopping there was for me! JUST when I needed a place I could walk to, a place I could step out of my own home for that amazing fresh air and warm sun light!


No comments:

Post a Comment