Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Story of Him

When I first met my husband, I was very guarded to say the least....I was focused on all the opinions of others and all the fears in making a mistake for choosing a boyfriend with liberal views. My conservative backyard under high stress and true drama had me looking to change and grow! Meeting my husband was both refreshing and relaxing all at once. Even though I kept a very strong opinion on the dating world, along with the high standards I didn't like to be anything but truly honest in what I thought or did.
When Tony explained to me later on in our relationship that when he first saw me, he wondered what makes this girl so happy and so carefree? He soon realized I was purposely looking for the happiness and purposely wanting a good carefree life among the craziness. We created this kind of life with the help of each other in our friendship and in our love....and then that movie I mentioned yesterday "The story of Us" took over our main discussion time for awhile. I was amazed at how Tony hated the movie, he explained it was because his own parents were going through a very similar situation and I thought if anything the movie should help him see how his parents felt. The movie allowed for change without judgement or hope instead of fear. Shortly after that movie, our discussions about it and ALL Tony was going through he decided to brake up with me. Now I had been through quite a dramatic storm already with my own parents in having a boyfriend of a different faith and life style. So I was left a bit shocked on my own after he departed, THEN that movie really stayed with me on a new emotional level. It gave me a perspective on relationships that I hadn't thought about and it gave me a deep understanding on how important it is to face these issues or events in our lives right away, things that bug us or upset us can grow like weeds until the real relationship isn't seen anymore. I will never forget how I thought about that event of Tony saying if all of  life ends in a heart break then he doesn't want me to suffer like that......It gave me a great deal to think over at the time. For suddenly I sensed without Tony in my life I was now just simply myself. I felt such comfort by the understanding that either way with or without him I was STILL myself! It amazed me even a bit more to think how our happiness and belonging does not come from other people but of ourselves within the core of our own souls. So when I saw Tony again after that break up I ran up to hug him with ease for he will always be my friend no matter what! He then quickly asked me to be his girlfriend again, I chuckled at how over that weekend apart I had been balancing myself again in my soul searching knowing exactly what to say with a confident grin;
"I don't play those kind of games."   
His eyes grew wide with surprise then he broke out into full on laughter, I sat there with a frown as to why what I had just said was so funny to him? He responded quickly back "Oh I know! That is WHY I love you so much!" So then I kissed him!
I look back now over our years and can see how good it is to always be real, to simply be accepting to who we are as growing, learning individuals. The story of my husband, is that he came from a family that grew into 2 more parents and married me with his handsome smile saying "The story of Us is entirely our own to create!"  
and YES It IS!  
I really love the story of Tony!



No comments:

Post a Comment