Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2012

Bubbles

The cold early fall evening had me out front in my yard watering and weeding. Suddenly my miniature schnauzer Oscar ran by, I shot up in alarm for he had discovered an open area to run free from the big backyard. Just as I caught him up in my arms a striped tiny kitten shot down the sidewalk with seeking cries for food. My husband Tony was being drop off at home from his law school all within a few seconds of each other as I said out loud while carrying my dog back inside "Look! A Kitten!" Tony didn't stop to pet or make eye contact with the wild thing that perched on the red brick frame by the front door. "DO NOT FEED IT, Debby I mean it. NO!" I chuckle as I saw to my own 3 dogs and 2 full grown cats needs first. My life is full of activities with these pets and chickens, so as I cooked dinner the tiny kitten cried at the open door by the screen in hopes to melt my heart. YET I stayed strong in only petting it and giving it water. That late night before bed as I look around the yard I wished it a safe and good night, hoping it had left to find a comfy home.....
The very next day was my big bbq for my parents and siblings, it rained and clouded over among such noise and activities of people seeing my home for the first time. Then this same kitten sat in the center floor of my kitchen when I walked in and smiled! "Hello again." was all I had time to say and among my many family members the kitten was instantly loved! That late late night my cousin took him home, yet that situation wasn't working out very good. My husband named the kitty "Bubbles" and as we look for a family for it, I think it will be fun to have a youngster in home again! (by the way trying to take a picture of a kitten is like trying to capture a whale in the ocean!! Almost impossible!)

No comments:

Post a Comment