Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2012

The Story of Us

If I could only suggest one movie for those "Soon-to-be-married." it would be without a doubt this movie, 
"The STORY of US" 
When I saw this in the theater, I laughed and cried thinking to myself "Finally, a movie that shows a relationship in an honest way! Not only honest but very real and true!"
This movie was full of great moments, of a life time lived together and a family built around the real world. At the tiem my own marriage was approaching as I twirled and gusted leaving that theater after this movie was over! Oh how I remember dancing ahead of Tony talking about the great message of the film! I truly loved everything about it maybe more importantly I liked how reflective it was! A person's life can be capture or summed up so quickly in fact when you get to stop and look back!
I wouldn't change a thing I said that night about loving the movie, even now a decade later....My fiance' Tony stated how he hated it, how he thought it was just to much, over the top, for it was way to real and honest.He would never want to watch it again life is already depressing enough. He then mention maybe we shouldn't get married if that movie shows how it really is....I was surprised while I took from the movie real love and hope, honesty in struggling but a deeper meaning to life then just some wedding vows, or personal promises. Life isn't clear cut no matter who you live with or who you are. Then I realized He had the right to share how differently he saw this world then from me, it made me chuckle how so different Tony and I are or always will be.....that we are living in our own Story of US. It made me love the movie all the more and think about how important it is to never give up in being as real and honest as you can be with your partner! There is no one perfect love, no one perfect way to look at issues or even like the same movies. It's not about who wins or looses, who is right or wrong. It's just a full life of stories, of struggles and of smiles! What we choose to see or believe from it all can make us complete or simply send us on out into our own ways of being......Perhaps what I loved about this movie is I felt like Bruce Willis when he explains how he had this idea of marriage or a real love story then it changes....Then what I thought after watching the movie was it changes into something even bigger then only about 2 people! Live with Love always and never lie to yourself, Life will always find it's way!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment