Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Rubber Snake

When I reflect over my life I realize some things never change like my desire to laugh until I cry and my sides hurt. Putting flowers in my hair, twirling and playing hide n' Seek outside. I am an actual grown up now.......although I say clearly "Oh HELL Nooooo." Along with a certain defiance to the reality, that clear understanding I always had over how the world could spit us out or let us fly as soon as we grow up......SO I will choose to fly:-)
My husband Tony sat watching tv next me when he stated "Well I never made it to the bathroom..." I flew up from our couch like a bomb in alarm and pure panic exclaiming "WHAT?!?" He was surprised with his hand still in our popcorn bowl looking at me oddly "Its no big deal, I will get it done tomorrow....?" I hesitated thinking to myself that this is crazy because.......then it hits me, the broken handle on the toilet in the bathroom! I burst out laughing so hard and he shook his head once again at my oddness as I explain "Don't say it LIKE THAT! "I didn't make it to the bathroom???!!!???" Suddenly Tony started laughing also while saying "I guess with me you never know..." Our condo bathroom ceiling was ripped out due the upstairs neighbor broken pipe, it was truly scary looking all ripped up and pipes sticking out so I covered it in plastic then while talking to my sister-in-law I got the idea of setting a rubber snake up there........
It's so easy to get to my husband because his list of things that annoy or startle him is quite long. I casually mention hearing a weird noise in the open ceiling while in a phone chat earlier in the afternoon, he hated this whole event of trying to get it fixed. That night when he got home from work I mention that I hadn't been in the back of the condo all evening so as he entered the bathroom I heard the door hit the wall as he fell back in alarm at the sight of the shadowy snake resting on the plastic  while exclaiming "DEBBY!" then when he saw me with my tears of laughing so hard into my blanket he realized it was just a rubber snake and I really couldn't help myself!
Growing up is a real event, but not loosing the ability to laugh and cry or joke and play can help with the responsibilities that follow our age. Whenever someone says "Grow up." I always shrug in reply thinking "That is just not going to happen....at least not for me. I see adult hood in a romantic way of leading the next generation to a better happier life while sharing in the endless youth of our souls! Life is way to short to not buy a rubber snake or find a swing! 
life is Good, so laugh it up!



No comments:

Post a Comment