Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Book Review "The Hunger Games"

Now I have heard about this book and story line of the "Hunger Games" for awhile before I actually read it. I thought it sounded very sadistic, so I might not like it. The story about how these hunger games are of the capital owning the outside districts villages of people, then take their children for a reality TV show survival game, just for the entertainment of the Capital citizens. The hunger games are a survival situation where 2 kids a boy and girl between the ages of 12 to 18 from each village have to fight in a setup wilderness to stay alive. Everything is watched by the game makers of the capital and the entertainment is only one kid wins by killing the rest. Then they are honored and fed better then the rest in their district. I think the movie for this looks really good, if not very close to the story in the book. I was pleased this story wasn't as bloody as I first thought. Then I began realizing everyone living in fear was allowing the control of the capital to take their children to the hunger games. The bravery of Katnass Everdean and how she could always plan ahead is the part of the book that sucked me in completely. I would recommend reading this for excitement and the debate over such government control and political issues it brings up. I would hope it never came to playing with life and death in our own country, in our own government.....hmmm wait a minuet......THIS story gives you quite a bit to questioned and think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment