This my new favorite holiday candy, I hope to get good at making these. Today I am setting aside the 6 hours or so it takes to make them,
- First pour 4 1/2 cups of water in a deep skillet or pot.
- whisk in 2 1/2 cups of regular sugar.
- heat pot on medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- slice oranges I like the whole circled slice look.
- After sugar water boils turn down to low then add the fresh orange slices leave to float and NEVER stir or touch them once in the liquid.
- set timer for 3 hours and wait......
- turn off burner leave oranges to cool down.
- flip slices through a bowl of sugar then set on baking sheet.
- At 200' degrees in the over set the sheet of slices in for 2 hours to dry out.
- melt dark chocolate chips in a bowl then dip each orange slice set on wax paper to dry on the counter top.
- Then serve these yummy good candies!