Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Scary Things

Every Halloween I think about the importance of fear.
I think of how often we shelter the children or how I was sheltered for so long. It didn't do me any favors as I struggled with fear in my 20's which then turned into anger almost instantly.
Fear is as real and as important to learn about as being sad. Most people want everyone to stay happy, a childhood should be full of happiness by the pure fact of innocence and a lot of time ahead on this earth. And yet children know fear from the moment they are born! It's a part of them as being hungry or cold it's our human emotions to be understood for how we feel or think in the very moment of living.
Fear is one of my favorite things to think about every Halloween because without it I wouldn't know how important being brave is.
Watching my first real scary movie was when I was 19 years old, I had accidentally seen a bit of "Jaws." and "The color Purple." when I was real little so it was the fear in my mother that made me think those movies were very bad. My mother would always freak out in trying to protect or guard our eyes, her reactions to all different kinds of movies while growing up made me take note of the titles and so in my own apartment I rented them all. I realized that while I thought I had been sheltered by not being allowed to celebrate Halloween, My mother was far more sheltered by all these silly not really scary movies she would freak out about. Why does fear make us do such crazy things?
Scary things come from the grave, from the darkness and the mist. Evilness is a choice each and every human being can make so when we are children explain it clearly explain it so that they don't slip away in their own choices of hurting living things of this world.
In the movie "Halloween." or "Psycho." the constant abuse in a child grows up to embody such violent murderous scary things...I wonder, I wonder if the boogie man of our fears wouldn't exists at all if we took ownership of ourselves, as the adults we should never bully, abuse or hate on the next generation yet some do in fear, in that need to control. I think blaming supernatural things, like Satan verse God deflect our own responsibilities to do good for this world. I can see very easily how one person can choose abuse and chaos, creating a hellish home life where scary things happen, another can choose peaceful goodness where that home is called Heavenly. I wonder if one life style is based on fear and another is base on bravery?  Scary things are so often about the unknown, humans have great imaginations to fill in the blanks and it's the little things like ghost stories that prepare you for life's real terrors. I think about fear every Halloween and I think of the dead, I want to always honor the dead in the moonlight under the stars that made us, if they are resting in peace with God I smile happily, if they are needing my help in any way I choose bravery, I choose good things over scary things, I am prepared for my own day of the dead as I light a candle for the souls that I miss so much. I picture myself creating a guard around my home like Hermione Granger does for Harry and Ron when they were being hunted. I know that real evil exists when real people choose it for their lives but I can learn from such scary things and become a warrior for protection, a peace maker for Hallow's eve. I can be a witch for the night laughing along with the children about how startled I was walking by a moving clown, I can watch over them as we celebrate a bit of fear while I tell them just how grateful I am to have them in my life for protection......for I carry the magic in me always!

No comments:

Post a Comment