Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2018

Motherly Women

       
It has been a part of my whole life in being motherly, in understanding how painful child birth is and how important it is to support and love the person fully while they give birth.

Then the sisterhood of support and care makes a village perfect!
I have believed that many hands make light work and make it fun to be a family.
I have been passionate about motherhood and sisterhood my whole life so when I read the book "Secret Lives of Bees." years ago I got it fully and completely in my wisdom as a woman and in my world of being the best person I can be!
I love the movie that came out years later and I went to the theater 3 times to see it again and again. I use to wish my mother and I were friends even when I was just a little kid I wanted to be connected to her but she made that very difficult from the very beginning of my life.
I didn't ever give up though, I kept trying to meet her half way in something we had in common maybe....yet as I turned 30 years old I realized that it would never be anything deep, anything real or honest. She was afraid of being vulnerable, back then she would just pretend that we hadn't just had a huge disagreement so I began to realize how I always found motherly women in my life as I grew up struggling with why my mom didn't like me at all.
 I challenged her just by being me, so I found loving support in other women in my life.
 I look back in awe of how much like Lily I felt growing up. 
My sister felt very much like me in many ways too but she used her anger and I use my tears when facing our mother's strong judgments and rejection.

I grew up being the adult I needed back when I was a kid.

I grew up being the adult in wisdom knowing I can meet my mom where ever she is, accept her just as she is because I already have more mothers in my life then I can ever count!

I was in pure awe by all the women who loved me just as I am!

I am living proof that love and grace doesn't get stuck just at home, it helps us all connect and forgive the wrongs of our past. When we are children we are helpless, we are simply trying to survive. We realize that there is no guarantees that we will be loved by our very own parents, we hope fro the best but like in my life it can blow up in your face and you have to wait it out until you are of the age to be free and strong on your own. Then you can return to your parents with simple long lasting love, they might rage on just like TJ does in Lily's story.....
I related to this book, For this story is about growing up trapped and scared all the time.
It's amazing how important it is to face the truth, to be able to forgive not only those who rejected us but also to forgive ourselves. 
As a child I blamed myself all the time not realizing it was never ever my fault. 

     
I have become a motherly woman, I have always had a good sense of what it means to love unconditionally, to never disown and to never abandon the children in my life time. Because of all I have lived through I have come out the other side stronger, braver and happier!

I have been thinking about how important these years after my mother's stroke have been in getting to really know her, in being able to help her and in learning so much more about when I was born unto her. She didn't want me in her life at all until I began to move about and after I was born she loved how cute I was. Then when I got older she couldn't believe how I talked back or questioned her it was appalling to her even to this day she admits how strangely different from her I always was.  

Our mothers are very important people in our lives, they were able to handle such terrifying pains to give us life! They didn't always have the answers or the best behavior but they were the first humans we needed to survive.  Love is the key for a successful up bringing into adulthood and in this story "The secret Lives of Bees." I can see how Lily found motherly love in the women of her life, she even learned how to love herself in the end. It's a gift we all have, it's a strength we all can share!

I truly enjoy being a motherly woman in this world! I see a whole new story of promise and hope for a better future as I whisper to the honey bees "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!"


No comments:

Post a Comment