Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Powerful Women


      My husband said to me just the other day "I can always tell when you are going to be fired up by the news if it's about abuse of any kind especially abuse for women, children and animals. Just be careful not to always blame the men, not all men are the same. I stand against abuse of any kind as well." I realized in that moment  how easy it is to blame the men for the abuse, and maybe there heroes among them...in fact I married one!
Good men are not hard to find. I have always said that because we need to be as positive and hopeful for the next generation to not get stuck in cycles of abuse.
As a woman I have warned other women that if they think "I am surrounded by assholes, these men are horrible." Then get out fast, run away to a different safe place. Good men can be found, good men can be trusted and most women appreciate how safe they can feel among the good men.
So I know that my husband has been worried about my blazing anger towards Trump and the whole system in the news right now about sexual abuse. He understands that this is a time in history where most women are angry about this. I explained to him that I want to fight now so that the next generation can be safer. I want to stand up against abuse bravely so that the next abuser will think twice! I've never been afraid of protecting the victims. If it turns out the victim is lying I can still be proud of my support, of my protection because being supportive is how the next person can feel safe in sharing. I believe that respect, protection and a open dialogue helps abused victims heal, grow stronger in themselves and I believe it was never ever their fault. 
Not ever their fault.

It's not your fault if someone did something to hurt you, if you have been rape there is nothing to be ashamed of. 
All the blame and all the responsibility of such a horrid hurtful situation falls upon the rapists, the abuser, the villain. 
I will say this clearly to any woman who has a story of tears, It is not your fault. Not Ever!
I've been a fighter for the safety of women and children my whole life, I've never been shy about how passionate I am in standing up for what's right and wrong. 
I think it's a disgrace when people roll their eyes when someone tells a rape story, that lack of respect is why we have a problem in the first place! 
My husband reminded me explaining "Until we attack Violence as a whole, until we have eradicated it from our society then we can see a change in all of these other parts of abuse that come from it. But if we fight against Rape, Child abuse and animal cruelty individually it will never end because it gains strength from all the violence out there."  
I replied back quickly "I will not stop fighting it at this level, if we can do away with ALL violence I am there, but the future depends on us women to be brave and fight back as we meet it face to face." He smiled and nodded saying "Never before in history have women been heard as good as they are being today, You should be proud of how far they have come. This isn't a defeat for all women as their stories come out and as the Metoo movement brings to light all the abuse in our society. It's getting better not worse, I know you are very mad about the President's bad behavior but it's nothing in comparison to the future, when he's long gone the women will still be here having their voices heard. I think it will get better I really do." 
I looked at my husband with tearful eyes as I went from feeling defeated to suddenly very proud to fight on! 
He smiled back at me "I think you are a powerful woman, you makes this world a better place every day, so don't get discouraged!"  
I chuckled back "All of this news has brought back so many memories of when I stood up against an aggressive man bullying my friend in front me. I even pushed a guy out of my apartment while he was yelling at my roommate calling her horrible names and I demanded that he never come back or I'll call the cops. Even once I was shouting right in the face of a guy who scrambled away saying "You don't have to yell." and I said "I thought you were deaf because she asked you stop touching her several times!" and I remember getting into trouble at church for arguing with a guy who was touching the young girls inappropriately....in fact they had a meeting with me in the hot seat for causing a scene in putting myself right into his face just after his actions were caught by me, he didn't ever stop. Yet I was a leader, a 21 year old protector of all the 13 year old girls in my care so I didn't stay silent about the constant struggle with his hands going every where freely. They demanded in that meeting that I apologize to the guy and I refused.
 My life is rather full of moments where men tried to take advantage of me or of someone else beside me. I am grateful for the fire in my soul, for the quick reaction of protection I have! 
I will fight to my death against any and all abuse if it can help make the world a better place for the future!"
My husband smiled proudly "That is why I love you! You are a strong wise woman!"

Women and Men create the yen and yang of a society, if all the power goes to one side then balance throws us all off into a hellish situation. 
We have a mission with our time to help the next generations succeed in finding that utopia if ever possible. 
So powerful women will match power for power of the already established men, we'll fight the good fight to the end! 
We will stand up together! 
We are 50% of the population on the scale of society!
Steady on everyone! 
Steady now!










No comments:

Post a Comment