Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

LIFE OF PI




Life of Pi, Life of me.
I have turned all the stories in my life around since I was just a little girl. It's better for me to say things in a nice way then to say it in a bad way or in what people think is the real way to say it. As a child I realized when I told a story of my mother hitting me the people around me had looks of horror. Then as I told the same story in sharing "My Mom was so upset." was far better looking then all the other details. I learned before I was ever 10 years old how to edit my stories.

I was in my early 20's when I read this book, "Life of Pi." I might of heard about the book on Oprah, a TV show every afternoon with important self help topics or in latest pop culture, soulful changes and learning how to take control of who you are.

I think a co-worker gave me a copy of this book and like always I read it through the night. Reading a thrilling story like this would make it impossible for me to go to sleep. I was in awe of this book, with these adventures and his will to live!

At the time I read this book I was a produce manager at a specialty market in hopes to make enough money for rent and survival.
And I realized by working 60 plus hours every week I didn't leave time to be alone, or to rest properly. I didn't see my boyfriend much as well for we mostly had long phone conversations while I ate my breakfast, lunch and dinner in my office of ordering veggies. This was like my boat I was suck on it for survival, I wasn't dealing well with all my sudden responsibilities, my frustration over my very sheltered past and my delusions in religion. I was struggling, I was frustrated.
I was reading this story realizing everything I know can come crashing down at any moment, while I am facing the unknown future I looking back in time wondering why I was so afraid to just be myself. I threw myself into my job whenever I felt overwhelmed by soulful deep questions.
I was in awe of the whole story of Pi, I was left to realize I am the story teller of my life!

My life is my responsibility and no one else's.

I can learn how to tame my own tiger of anger, I can learn how to see all the memories of my past in a much better light. I can be empowered by my sense of adventure and my sense of such value!
I can live! 
Sometimes I look back at that book always on my shelf and smile, for life is how we choose to see it.



No comments:

Post a Comment