Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

As You were


 As strong As You were.

On July 18, 2011 as we all rushed to the ER scrambling in pure terror while our Mother was having a massive stroke. our father asked "Did anyone get through to Derek?" 
we were missing him in gathering group so we all called his phone, I said suddenly remembering something he had about his job "He can't always have his phone with him while working so email him, he will get that for sure on his lap top." So my husband, who had a newer phone did just that.

My heart was racing, my tears were falling and my mind kept saying "Where's Derek, where's Derek?" We waited in separate corners of the waiting area of the hospital, I looked at this realizing how we were connected to Mom, we waited in our own corners awkwardly with each other, then Derek arrived rushing in with his arms wide open!
 "DEREK!" we gasped and ran into those arms like a magnetic pull all at once because of HIM we knew what to do suddenly! I kissed his cheek saying "I am SO glad you are here!"

Derek's arms held the 6 of us all at once and we sobbed together as if one, for the terror befalling our mother.

If I sit all alone, no one around I can see this moment again in time. 
This moment that changed our lives forever.

"Call me 911." my father's texts sent chills up my back as I thought "It's about Mom." then I asked myself "Am I ready for this?" as I called him instantly back. 
He sounded so wounded that I knew a tough man like him never sounds like that unless it's death.
My heart pounding as I heard him explain "The Ketchum hospital called me..." I interrupted him in such terror that I had never knew was even possible asking him 
"Is Derek OKAY!?!?!?" 
He began crying as he explained "No, he died, He was killed..." I interrupted again, I begged him"Daddy no, Daddy, NOT DEREK! Oh my god, Daddy, Daddy No, no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" 
                 
I was NEVER ready for that moment in my life.

My Awesome brother Derek Klein died at 34 years on Saturday February 25, 2017 while snowboarding in Sun Valley Idaho. 

My beloved mountain man!

I really need one of his big bear hugs more now then ever before.

Tender you go,


No comments:

Post a Comment