Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dog Sitting

It has been such a wonderful week in being home everyday to play with the dogs! Everyone is suggesting I start my own business in dog sitting or pet care. On Saturday I drove out to Caldwell to spend the whole afternoon with my in-laws cat Finnegan, while watching their dog Eddie back at my home. The cat and I watched tv shows, cuddled and played. He is a young cat full of energy and really I can care for any type of pet while people go on vacation, I love animals just in general! In my cozy little cottage around our bed every night this past week I would place each dog in their beds or area to sleep. Minnie my rescued spaniel likes her own space in the corner with a big fluffy bed and blankets. She is one of my most chilled out dogs that does her own thing, never consumed by other pets. Sidda my tiny fluffy girl sleeps up in the middle of the bed mostly by our heads, she loves this place so dearly that she will freak out if she isn't there when lights go out! Since she can't jump up being a tiny adorable dog (only 7 pounds) I usually put her up while I tuck everyone else into bed. Oscar has spent the last 5 years sleeping next to me, so he is never in question where to go for bed. My 3 dogs have changed my life and made it a wonderful place to live! I like sharing our home with other dogs, Because it is the TRUE nature of every dog to be part of a pack. If they separate from their litter, grow up and become aggressive I like to think back to when they were a puppy loving everything and not being lonely....(Kinda sounds like PEOPLE too) Now Summer the dog I am also dog sitting for a friend this week, is a big black lab who loves to play fetch endlessly and likes to get her belly rubbed as much as possible. In her first day with me, we were always cuddling and I knew I could trust her perfectly. She is a powerful dog and I really love having such a great guard dog in the house...she goes back home tomorrow and I will miss her sweetness! (Although I may have her for a whole month down the road and that would be perfect!) AND I know it will be awhile before (years even) I can get my own lab dog, having Summer for the week has been a true treat for me as I really believe that Labrador retrievers are the "Dogs of LOVE" 


No comments:

Post a Comment