Search This Blog

Friday, April 13, 2012

Zumba ha! Zumba hey!

    I just want to write a quick note in honor of my awesome talented friend Brecca along with a big THANK YOU for bringing me into the Zumba world a few months back. I haven't stop thinking of anything else since, not because my life is boring but because I want to get better at this style of dancing so badly! If ever there was a test of embarrassment or perfection struggles within me it came as ZUMBA.....so as I tripped, swung and dipped in the odd ways  or wrong directions to every song I was able to think I sure look like a huge dork! As I could see myself in the huge mirror before us noticing how off I was in dancing from the rest of the group. BUT then I thought of how it is always in me to dance no matter what the world thinks so I keep on moving anyway!
 For if I thought about it I loved every tune, every sweat drop and every clap, I admire our instructor so graceful in routine and flowing in her rhythm. In my very first class I was standing there thinking "How in the world could I ever DO that?!?" Brecca moved and grooved with such grace and confidence that I mostly just tried to copy her! It was good for my heart to laugh at myself and her there encouraging me to keep trying! Now a few weeks later this group of sweet ladies are becoming familiar and I am making new friends quickly! I know that learning how to coordinate and stretch are also important things, I like knowing how to balance myself and to understand dance even better now! Sooo I hope to keep it up as I try to zumba it up 3 times a week....Now if only I could get my feet to move at the same time as my arms hahahahahahahahahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment