Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

St. Augustine Florida

           When the airplane landed last week I was ready to see Florida for the very first time EVER, For the bright full sun greeted us with such warmth that I quickly took my traveling sweater off. Such amazing air filled my lungs with a slight misting feeling (Humidity)....later that night I would see as I drove the rental car down that dark highway these small beads of water hanging in the air just floating there in place against the glow of the head lights. "Wow...It looks like magical crystals floating in place!" I explained to my Husband Tony, for we had decided suddenly within a couple of weeks of planning to make our vacation this year be in Florida since it is a place that neither of us have ever been to, although I had heard many stories of people loving to live there, I had felt like it was out of reach for a long time, rather far away from Boise Idaho if I thought long enough about it......Then suddenly Tony asked me so why not check it out?
It's a tropical place with both palm trees and evergreen pines growing together in this mix match way.....I thought about all the things growing around me as I took in the neighborhood of our bed and breakfast, walking lazily through sidewalks and boat docks I was amazed at how much I wanted to stay here instantly and maybe even open my own Bed and Breakfast....(It's rather fun to think about or dream of new adventures in life) I was amazed at how fast I changed from wanting to stay put back home to now seeing Florida as a potential new home! I LOVED it ALL, I really did!
The vacation ended up being way to fast, at least for all the places we still wanted to see....


One of our afternoons was spent in St. Augustine, the oldest city in North America. Truly a City of pure Class, of such historical architectural buildings and houses. With those tiny one car streets surrounded by cute cottages or doll houses in this Victorian setup made walking by foot or riding in the adorable horse and buggy much more peaceful! (Ya know a place without cars has always been my ideal life style) I loved the over all feeling of this community in such a touristic town and with all my thoughts about history brought me to realize how important it is in what we leave behind, in what we build now. We need better quality in our over all social setup, to create something that will withstand all our lives as the next generations walk where we were and saw what we did, so that they can enjoy, respect and honor like I sure did in being there! Being in that amazing beautiful St. Augustine!

No comments:

Post a Comment