Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Beautiful Women

 Is it always an issue with women the fact they feel "fat" or "exposed" in their skin, in their weight? I had to deal with this issue at 16 years old when I clearly saw how much bigger I was then most everyone else. Is it so important to remember when I began buying body shaping underwear and thick tights that were sucking in my hips and stomach? Now I realize that I was struggling mostly with depression at 16, I simply wanted to fall asleep and never wake up again. I remember that all very clearly as the hardest year of my life. Along with that outlook of sadness came the heavy eating and gaining weight in hopes to find comfort. Once I began to find hope and happiness after my struggling I saw that I lost the extra pounds, but not through any real eating education or dieting. When I got chubby again closer to being 20 years old, I was simply unhappy inside, I also remember my mother kept asking me to loose weight with her in some kind of diet. I chuckle NOW remembering my mother saying "We both need to go on a diet, I can get away with this extra weight for I am already married BUT YOU need to still catch a husband." I would just rolled my eyes at the time feeling once again noticeably fat..... but when I finally reached 24 years old (after dealing with so much emotional baggage at the time) I had resolved to always be a big curvy woman and live peacefully on hoping to look more like Marylin Monroe! 
Women need to know that NO MATTER what size they are, no matter how society displays them or judges them...They are women, THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! Knowing this in our hearts and souls will bring out such freedom and happiness in everything we do:-) I loved that I had the kind of mother to challenge me so early on as I grew up, I have come to understand that she meant well even if her words were harsh at time. If I hadn't been challenged then I wouldn't have found my true value, my strong confidence and ability to just be ME.....big or small I am apart of all the beautiful women out there today! LIVE STRONG IN THE BODY and most importantly love the skin you are in <3





No comments:

Post a Comment