Search This Blog

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Whole Foods Market

After what feels like a decade of waiting...oh wait a minuet... it WAS a decade of waiting HA! Whole Foods Market has arrived in Boise Idaho! Downtown centered location across from the Boise River and right around the corner from Boise State University. It is a brand new huge building with a couple of levels for shopping, eating or drinking with patio seating facing the sun rise off the foothills I found this view rather noisy in all honesty the 5 lane traffic pull of many cars takes away from a peaceful thought....This parking lot is brand new too in front of Whole Foods with monitor policemen for the grand opening weekend. Yesterday the ribbon was cut and speeches were made but I didn't stay as I drove by I simply saw chaos of peoples so happily I went home thinking I have never been a big crowd or sale shopper!
Today on the other hand I was well rested and restored. My husband took me out for breakfast so we were in the area once again and THIS time I went inside...The parking lot is crazy with one ways in and out only not as well laid out like Winco down the same block. Inside I noticed many grumpy customers snorting and frowning at other shoppers. Seriously DUDE! I was thinking to myself it is JUST the second day open and there WILL be other people here shopping also! CHILL.....I'm excited the salad bar looks colorful, the coffee shop has flaky pastries and the corner deli of cheeses is very well organized! My favorite display was the variety of Kombucha taking over a whole wall section, I thought it was truly AWESOME!
The real whole fish sticking out of ice or perfection in all the produce made me like shopping through the crowds of mixed emotional people. Some workers hung their heads to avoid contact, some were spatting off behind the displays at each other and some were very friendly, even happy! Rather like all the kinds of customers I was watching...when you get this many people under the same roof it's bound to be interesting! I like to walk into corners or out of the way places to stand waiting or watching people, my husband on the other hand goes directly in front of everyone and everything looking for he wants stopping suddenly and shouting out to me what he has discovered. Then he looks around surprised to have cause a traffic jam or be stuck with no way out. He is very much like me in that he sees no reason to get mad at people or annoyed this is just what it like to shop in a brand new store of a million different things. We got our coffee after making a loop of the place, we sat in the mid-morning sunlight watching the cars outside move around crazily.....Chilling out in life is what I love the most, I didn't find anything to buy because I am not that same person I used to be when I first discovered Whole Foods, I notice prices of things now, I think realizing that I could make this item myself saving that cost makes shopping here a very different experience. I AM a different person in consuming, in seeking that image of a classy successful life. I use to think success was paying for the better quality, but now I wonder if there is truth to the price? I used to think healthiness was in organic or soy but that has ALL changed in me. So as I walked through the walls of a fun rare store without a single item beside my cup of coffee in hand I knew I will never go back to admiring the same things this store sales...... AND I am truly deeply very happy, my worn out sweater and bed hair didn't even cross my mind until I got home then I laughed at how I looked....Maybe classiness comes in the form of attitude? MAYBE.....


No comments:

Post a Comment